By [http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Kamulo_Nadnaden]Kamulo Nadnaden
1. Each country has its own unique feature. The Philippines is interesting in that it has 7107 islands divided into three major island groups - Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.
2. That means there are plenty of beaches to choose from including the world's best white sand beaches. Boracay, Camiguin, and Dakak are amongst the more popular ones, while hundreds of virgin beaches remain undiscovered along the coasts of Mindanao, at the northernmost province of Batanes, and in the coastal provinces of Pangasinan and in Palawan. Plus, you can go to the beach anytime of the year.
3. The regionalism created by the different islands has produced a nation so varied culturally - from the Iva tans in the North to the boat people in the South. Each culture has their own set of interesting festivals too.
4. Filipinos are a friendly people and are known for their oftentimes excessive hospitality. Attend a public wedding celebration in the Cordilleras, or walk through a town celebrating a fiesta in the Tagalog region and you'll certain to be invited to a meal.
5. Almost 400 hundred years of Spanish rule, and 100+ years of American rule that mind you, extends to the present, has created a unique culture that combines the European flair for tradition and the American's penchant for anything new. 9 of 10 Filipinos speak English - one of the highest percentage amongst Asian countries.
6. As the country that introduced the karaoke to the world, Filipinos are known for their musical abilities and grace in dancing. Most major festivals include street dancing, and Asian singing contests are normally won by Filipino singers. Three of the four Asian finalists in American Idol history come from Filipino families and not one of them is named Sanjaya.
7. The Philippines is home to very unique group of animals such as the world's smallest monkey, the largest and smallest species of bats, 5 of the world's seven species of marine turtles, the monkey-eating eagle, the world's smallest hoofed animal, the tamarraw (pygmy water buffalo) and flying lemurs.
8. Shopping is cheap. Buy world class local products at just about 1/10 of the price you'd get for similar ones outside the country. Plus, the Philippines has 3 of the 10 biggest malls in the world.
9. It is home to several UNESCO world heritage sites such as the Baroque Churches, the historic town of Vigan, Rice Terraces of the Philippine Cordilleras, the Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park, and the Tubbataha Reef Marine Park.
10. You find the tastiest species of mango, the world-renowned coconut oil, bagoong (fish fermented sauce) - flavored dishes, kalderetang kambing (goat stew), various forms of pulutan (finger food), sorbetes (fruit flavored coconut-based ice cream), rice pastries, taho (beancurd with caramel syrup), the highly exotic balut (boiled, pre-hatched poultry eggs), tapey (Igorot rice wine), lambanog (coconut-based alcoholic drink) and San Miguel beer.
The author grew up in the tourist town of Sagada, Philippines. He writes on travel destinations in his hometown and in the Philippine islands. His website, Sagada Igorot Online is found at http://www.sagada-igorot.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kamulo_Nadnaden http://EzineArticles.com/?Reasons-to-Visit-the-Philippines&id=1150148
Looking for an Asian country to visit? The Philippine Islands, with its 7107 islands, friendly and English speaking people, exciting culture, and home to the world's biggest shopping malls, UNESCO heritage sites, endangered animals, and less popular but highly touted cuisine is your best bet. This article discusses the top reasons why one should visit this country also known as the Pearl of the Orient Seas.